The curriculum covers:
- Articulating the Value of the Funeral
- YOU as the Facilitator
- Listening Skills
- Family Meetings
- Making it Personal
- Service Planning
- Creating Sacred Space
- Writing the Service
- Being Mindful of Many Traditions
- Music and Readings Resources
- Composing the Service in Printed Form
- Closing Ceremonies
- Creating and Facilitating Rituals and Ceremonies
- Encouragoing Participation
- Presentation Skills
- Reflections on the Occasion or Meditation
- Biography, Life Story, Slide Show, or Video
- Remembrances from Family and Friends
- Closing Words, Prayer, Blessing, Benediction
Friday and Saturday: Beacon HIll Commumnity Room, Beacon Hill Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15221
Sunday: Penn Forest Natural Burial Park, Verona, PA
Friday: 5:30PM - 8:30PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Sunday: 9:00AM - 1:00PM
To complete the certification process:
- Co-facilitate as an officiant from start to completion.
- Demonstrate proficiency by officiating at two services as primary facilitator while under observation.
- Meet for a final one-on-one to discern readiness.
- Compose and submit photo and article for Spiritworks Officiant Lisiting
To register submit:
- Resume containing your complete contact information.
- Written statement as to why you wish to be certified as a Officiant.
- Registration commitment fee of $50.00 (cash, check or credit card)
- The remaining $200 is due 2 weeks before class.
Patricia D. Brown, Director of Spiritworks, Inc.
7282 Beacon Hill Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15221
Spiritworks is a registered 501 C 3 non-profit.